Sunday, September 28, 2008

First weekend off





I wanted to share some pictures from my first weekend off in the Swiss Alps with members of the BFA staff.  It was wonderful to meet teachers and other BFA workers that are not involved in Res Life.  Our conversations were inherently different, which I appreciated greatly.  I hope to continue some of these.
Here's a quick description of the pictures before they come: Our hike was two days long, and we stayed in a youth hostel in the middle of it.  A friend of mine let them know that we were celebrating my birthday, so one girl hiked with a little tiny cake and a candle for Saturday night dinner.  Also, in the first picture, the man was actually waving his arm, but he was a life-sized robot that looked like a contstruction worker.
Thanks to you all for supporting me.  This past weekend provided a much-needed respite from the chaos of life.
Blessings,
Steph

2 comments:

Kendra Post said...

Heyy Stephee!!!
I miss talking to you sometimes back here in Michigan so it is nice to get your blog updates! I hope you are having an awesome time and can't wait for when you come back and can tell stories!

Love you tons!
Kendra

Lauren said...

Those are some beautiful pictures Steph!! Miss you and I'm glad to hear you are having a good time!!